Internet Obsessions: pets (not only cats!), money, and Beyoncé & Jay-Z.
“Four legs good, two legs bad.”
― George Orwell, Animal Farm
The Internet is a strange place where strange things happen. But it looks like three trends are going strong, nowadays: money, animals, and the Carter Family (i.e. Beyoncé, Jay-Z, and their kids).
Animals have always been big on the Internet, but there seems to be a shift, from mostly cats and (some) dogs, to other kinds of zoological creatures.
So, while online cats are “so everywhere” Vice even made a documentary about them – see below – non-cat owners too are trying to cash in on their pets.
Remember “Maddie on things”? The latest evolution of the concept is “Stuff On My Rabbit”. Are rabbits the new cats? We don’t know, let’s see what happens next. it’s not clear why would you put a wrench on your rabbit’s head, though.
We’ve been talking about this for a while – see previous posts – as the “Yo yo I’m mothaf***in’ rich and you ain’t” thing still seems to go strong, despite poverty, famines and the global recession. Here’s the latest Guru of this movement, @itslavishbitch, AKA the most hated human being on the planet right now, AKA the man who comes up with inspiring quotes such as “More money on my chest than in yo bank account”, “These peasants keep hating while my money keep calculating” and “You made your bed so sleep in it, peasant”. Even Rihanna told him to stop. He replied: “Broke bitch ur net worth only 80m.”
And here’s how 50 Cent explains what it’s like to be filthy rich.
The Carter Family
There is something weird going on: people worshipping Beyoncé, Jay-Z and the rest of the family are now giving the whole thing a twist that puts these individuals in the most iconic paintings in history, something that sounds like a Beatification.
Here’s “The Carter Family Portrait Gallery”
And “Beyoncé Art History”
What do you think?
Photo sources: see links
Tags: 50 Cent, @itslavishbitch, Animal Farm, animals, Beyoncé Art History, BEYONCE’, cats, George Orwell, JAY-Z, lil bub, Maddie on things, money, rihanna, Social Media, Stuff On My Rabbit, The Carter Family Portrait Gallery, Vice
- New site for our friends @iiuvo 👌 - #webdesign #digitalagency #creativeagency #fashion #fragrance #design #minimal… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 month ago
- When real life starts to resemble CGI 🤔 - #whatisreal #marketing #digitalmarketing #existentialcrisis #athletics https://t.co/ifss4iv2zw 1 month ago
- Went to the Scottish island of Bute. Unfortunately it turned out someone had already thought of the strap line "But… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 month ago
- A look at our obsession with #lifestyle #brands and the cultural construction of identity: bit.ly/2we8lF1 1 month ago
- Pleased to see two of our favourite beauty clients @MillerHarris and #AlmoraBotanica featured in this week's… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 month ago
- Right now, #fashion is fixated on #data. What's the reality of our obsession for the industry?… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 months ago
- Christmas eCommerce: Keep it merry and stress-free!
- The future of social media? Look at dating sites. No, seriously.
- Brand Relaunch inferno / feat. Tesco, NME, Siemens, and VOV.
- 3 reasons we are VERY excited this week – Featuring the app that will change EVERYTHING FOREVER!
- Internet Obsessions: pets (not only cats!), money, and Beyoncé & Jay-Z.