Now that we have your attention, we would like to say that said app is great, although we really don’t know if it will change everything forever. But yeah, it’s a great app.
So the new iPhone came out, gazillion Apple fans queuing for hours outside the Regent Street store, excitement and confetti everywhere, Samsung ripping off Apple again – see below – and so on and so forth.
But we are excited for other reasons. First and foremost, the app in the title: PicPlayPost. CNET says: ‘Finally, a photo-framing app that stands out. PicPlayPost offers video integration in an otherwise photo-only app-frame landscape, complete with sequential and simultaneous playback along with other unique features.’
Wow. And I mean, WOW! We all know video is something that still doesn’t quite appeal to the average user – unless it’s about cats or it’s something like the latest Masterpiece from Chanel, which cost gazillions to produce, anyway. With this app, things could change for good, as it allows you to feature photos and videos at the same time. See the example below.
Now imagine a brand using this thing, for Paris Fashion Week: a video from the runway, a full body picture showing the product and another picture of La Tour Eiffel – or something less obvious, but you get the point.
The second reason why we are as excited as a man who just found a forgotten Picasso under his bed, is that we are going to take care of the social media presence of a huge brand. We can’t say much at the moment…Stay tuned for more, folks!
The third reason? Oh, well, nothing…it’s just that one of our projects has been featured on http://www.webdesignserved.com/. Yep.
What do you think?
‘What do Nokia and Denny’s have in common? Apple envy’, says an article on The Verge. As usual, when Apple launches a new product, the hype level goes through the roof, and, after what we can call the “Oreo Effect”, brands started to react quickly on social media channels, trying to ride the wave and win the users’ attention.
There you go, then, with Nokia, Motorola, HTC, Windows Phone and the rest of them, trying to come up with a funny response to the Apple event.
Even brands that have nothing to do with technology join the Conga line. Here you can see McDonald’s and Kit Kat’s version.
And here’s one of Kit Kat’s recent tweets, showing how Twitter is becoming the wittiest, fastest and – maybe – smartest social network around.
Even when good taste is kind of lacking, somehow.
Examples? Charmin, always talking about, well…things with a bathroom-related twist, like they did for the birth of little Prince George.
And, last but not least, yesterday’s Masterpiece. Raikkonen leaves Lotus for Ferrari, and, as Metro reports, ‘Following the announcement, the British-based outfit tweeted a picture of two bunnies getting busy (we’ve decided not to show you the rampant rabbits…use your imagination if you really want to), accompanied by the message: ‘So Kimi is off to Ferrari for 2014; it hurts a little bit… #F1 #Raikkonen’
We decide to show the bunnies, by the way.
What do you think?
Photo sources: Twitter, Kit Kat (http://www.kitkat.com/#/home)
Apparently, lots of people hate fashion bloggers (see Olivier Zahm).
Trying to understand why, I started to look for things on Google: “fashion bloggers hate”, “why fashion bloggers”, “fashion bloggers function”.
This last combination of terms brought me to a (quite popular) fashion blog, in which I found the peculiar following post.
I think this is a sign: we are losing the plot. I personally don’t hate fashion bloggers, but I certainly think they often take themselves too seriously.
Here’s the (infamous) post:
10 Things Fashion Bloggers Learned From Steve Jobs Read More…
- We take a look at the numbers to help you strategise for the year ahead. appnova.com/6-important-uk… https://t.co/k9WmQ0NPKn 9 months ago
- Your social channels are also an essential customer service platform. Here are some key stats to take into consider… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 months ago
- We look at how #influencermarketing will evolve over the next year and offer up some advice for #agencies, #brands… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 months ago
- New site for our friends @iiuvo 👌 - #webdesign #digitalagency #creativeagency #fashion #fragrance #design #minimal… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 year ago
- When real life starts to resemble CGI 🤔 - #whatisreal #marketing #digitalmarketing #existentialcrisis #athletics https://t.co/ifss4iv2zw 1 year ago
- Went to the Scottish island of Bute. Unfortunately it turned out someone had already thought of the strap line "But… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 year ago
- Christmas eCommerce: Keep it merry and stress-free!
- The future of social media? Look at dating sites. No, seriously.
- Brand Relaunch inferno / feat. Tesco, NME, Siemens, and VOV.
- 3 reasons we are VERY excited this week – Featuring the app that will change EVERYTHING FOREVER!
- Internet Obsessions: pets (not only cats!), money, and Beyoncé & Jay-Z.